Unable to run the VPL sample

Dec 5, 2010 at 4:47 PM

Hi ,

I compiled the services and opened the sample VPL programme but i don't see the connection between webcam and imgcapture.  Can you please tell me what iam doing wrong here?

Dec 5, 2010 at 7:41 PM

Hi petergeorge73,

The way MRDS works right now is that in VPL, only a certain number of data types can be propagated through connecting the services explicitly. However, in these services, the code has been written in a manner which bypasses that and does not require to show any explicit connection between services in VPL, as it takes care of the image data transmission internally. As long as you follow the instructions for setting the initial configurations of the services, you are good to go.

Dec 6, 2010 at 5:52 AM

Thanks for the quick response i will do that today and update you.

I have one more basic question for you(sorry for the silly question) . Is there a way to compile all the services at one shot . Currently i have to open each service , resolve the references and then build one by one.

Dec 6, 2010 at 5:59 PM

I'm afraid that isn't possible, as in MRDS, each service has its own separate references, even if they are part of the same solution. You could keep adding all services to a single solution that you make, resolve each of their references, and then perform a "build solution" over the solution, but that is as close to a common compile as you can get.

Dec 7, 2010 at 8:07 AM

I compiled the BgrToGray service but iam not seeing the service in the VPL more over i checked the MSRS/bin there i don't see the BgrToGray.proxy.dll .  So when i go to your vpl example and click initial configuration i don't see any properties. 

Dec 7, 2010 at 3:18 PM

In that order :

1) Did you get any errors while building the solution ?

2) Were all your references properly associated ?

3) You can try checking out the output path in your build properties, and your working directory in debug properties.

4) You can also try running the service from visual studio. Just make sure the isLast is set to true in the initialization.