Before installing any of the services, please make sure you have the following pre-requisites :
1) Visual Studio 2008/2010 or Visual C# Express 2008/2010. You can find these on
2) Microsoft Robotics Developer Studio 2008 R3. You can find this on
http://www.microsoft.com/robotics/, and follow the installation
instructions to run it with Visual Studio or Visual C# Express.
3) Emgu CV. Visit
http://www.emgu.com/wiki/index.php/Download_And_Installation, download the appropriate version for your system (32bit/64bit),
and follow the installation and setup instructions to ensure Emgu CV is running smoothly before trying out any of the vision services.
Once the initial setup is complete, the services can be installed as follows :
1) Each service is provided as a DssDeploy based EXE. Double-click on an EXE to bring up the DssDeploy Extractor.
2) Click on Contents to view the source files that will be extracted. Click Ok to extract. You can extract the files to any folder on your system. Make sure to copy the Assembly.info file into a Properties subdirectory of the folder you create.
3) Open the project file (.csproj) for the service, and expand the References. Make sure you have added the references listed in the References.
4) Right-click on the project name and select Properties, to bring up the project properties. In the Build tab, make sure the Platform target
is selected as x86. In the Debug tab, change the Start external program from dsshost.exe to dsshost32.exe.
5) Build your solution.
After Installation - How To Use
How To Use in VPL
1) Drag the Webcam or User Webcam service into the diagram.
2) Drag the ImageCapt Service.
3) Drag into the diagram all the image processing services you want to use
.4) For each image processing service, select Set Initial Configuration from the Configuration drop down in the Properties.
5) Set the Order Number to the numerical position of your service in your desired ordering of services, starting from 1.
6) For the last service in the ordering, also check the IsLast check box.
7) Set the rest of the state variables, if any, to desired values.
8) Also, for each of the image processing services, set the ImageCapture partner to the ImageCapt service selected earlier.
9) In the Set Initial Configuration for the ImageCapt Service, set ImgInputType to 0 (webcam) or 1 (read from file). For read from file, also enter the ImgFileName.
10) If desired, set WebCam partner to the Webcam service dragged in earlier.
11) Finally, set NumServices to the number of image processing services in your ordering (excluding ImageCapt and Webcam, of course).
12) Save and Run.
How To Use in DSS Manifest Editor
1) Drag the Webcam, ImageCapt, and all the required image processing services into the editor.
2) In a similar manner to VPL, for each of the image processing services, set the ImageCapture Partner in the Properties to ImageCapt dragged in earlier.
3) For each image processing service, click Create Initial State in the Properties. Set the values exactly as explained for VPL.
4) For ImageCapt service, select Create Initial State, and set variables as described for VPL.
5) If desired, set WebCam partner to the Webcam service dragged in earlier.
6) Save and Run.
Have fun playing around with the services...